Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Devin

Well, in my previous post, I mentioned that I needed to treat my lawn for fleas and other pests.....well, Devin is the main reason why.  A friend of mine, Kami, who's dad is a vet, discussed my dog's scratching issues while on our six mile run together Saturday morning.  She suggested I treat my lawn and she even had wonderful advice on how to do it.  She also gave me more advice on what could be wrong and that I needed to get Devin to the vet to get her treated.  This was awesome because I had already made Dev and appointment for Monday after work. 

Here's a pic of my baby Devin.  She's 10 years old and is a wonderful friend. 





Devin is now on 3 oral meds and ear drops for the next three weeks.  I also have to bathe her with a prescription shampoo once a week for the next three to four weeks.  This will be a task....she hates and I mean hates getting into the tub for bath time.  I have to sneak over to her and just pick her up.  My big lab. Lexy, (115lbs) loves baths and gets right in the tub for me....  Also bought some Comfortis for both dogs.  This seems to be the best defense against fleas right now.   

I am so excited to get Devin well again and I'm pretty sure she's sick of constantly scratching and biting.