Friday, March 23, 2012

Track

Here are yet some more pictures of my runner child. This is just such a neat program for the kids ( what kid doesn't like to run? ).  Last night, I took my neighbor's child and another little girl, Zelma, with us.  I figured that since Zelma has shown some interest in running, I'd ask her mom if it would be ok if I took her. 

The actual track was  being used by a Junior High track meet so the kids got to run in what they call "the trails."  It's actually a very small wooded area up on the hill within walking distance from the track.  It was a great experience for them.  I stayed at the end of the group just to make sure none of the kids ventured off and there were some other mom's back there too.  I was wearing my Garmin so the coach relied on me for distance.  The kids definitely got in a full mile!




Zelma, Allyn & Alexa ( Allyn has my track shoes on )


stretching before the trail run