Wednesday, March 21, 2012

track time

So, I signed Allyn up for a four week track class.  We Run San Antonio has a program called Kids Run San Antonio.  It's free for the time being and any kiddo can join.  The coach is one of the nicest, sweetest ladies in the world.  She is a teacher and is fantastic with these kids.

The first night the kids basically went over the rules and what the coach expects behavior wise.  Then the kids ran four laps ( one mile ), rested and ended with some sprint work.  I was super proud of Allyn because after her mile run, she wasn't even winded.  She knew to take the run at an easy pace. As for the sprint work, I had to explain to her exactly what that meant.....to go as fast as possible. 

As the kids were with their coach, I was also able to to run the track.  I got in two miles running and then walked one more mile with a friend of mine. 



Allyn and my friend's son Kris