Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

This year Christmas was at my house! This is the very first year that I have hosted Christmas. I cooked all the food, even the turkey. Mom brought some favorite side dishes.


After the meal, we sat outside in the back and Dad and I drank some warm coffee and we ate the pumpkin pie my mom brought. I had my outdoor fireplace going but when I put some more logs on it, it started smoking really bad. I think the wood may have still be wet. So, we had to move the fireplace out a bit to avoid being over come with smoke. :)


Allyn's self portrait!

The concrete was too cold for my 110 pound lab. At one point, her bottom jaw began to quiver and her teeth were chattering. Allyn went inside and brought out her Hello Kitty blanket and Lexy ( lab ) did not even move. I think she loved this and that she's way too domesticated.

At the end of the night, I wanted to go and snuggle in my bed with Allyn and look at all the cool books my parents gave her for Christmas. We looked at as many as we could and even went through all the presidents we've had.
Pictured here is Allyn, with the Snuggie my parents gave her. I think she's wiped out.