Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Marathon's

On November 14, 2009, Allyn ran her first "marathon." It was a mile long, so not an actual marathon but the Rock and Roll kids run. She ran with kids in her age group in second grade. I watched her off at the start and then walked over to the finish line. All of a sudden, here she comes. I was not expecting this at all. With my calculations, she had to have run this in either 7 to 8 minutes. She was within the top ten finishers. I could not have been more proud of her. It was supposed to be a kids fun run but not for Allyn!
On November 15, 2009, I ran my first half marathon which consisted of 13.1 miles.
The day was overcast and the humidity was up to 94% according to reports. I was able to finish with a time of 2:42. I will admit, I am pretty proud of myself too.
The time on the banner above is the clock time. The race began in a wave and I was in corral 20 so I had to wait a bit to start the race. I finished the race in 2:42:37.
My pacer tattoo had me finishing the race in 2:45, so I finished just under my projected time.