I finally made it back to the Oyster Bake celebration. I am almost embarrassed that I haven't been since 1989....a long time ago. My bestie and her husband work a beer booth every year on Friday night ( the Oyster Bake is from Friday to Saturday ). Her husband graduated from St. Mary's and is in with sponsoring the booth. Needless to say, we had a blast! We had the last shift so we got to walk around and see all the booths. The rain came down pretty hard on us once, but fortunately, we were under a the wine tasting pavilion at the time. The grounds were MUDDY and this is why we wore our water boots. They were a hit too. There were quite a few ladies sporting the boots as well.
Our shift began and so did the headliner band, Lover Boy! It seemed like we knew all the words to the song and sang and danced the whole time we were working. Even a cop jokingly came over and said we were having too much fun (sober mind you).
Jenny and Linda