Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Space Center

This year Allyn wanted to visit the Space Center in Houston, Texas. I am not a huge fan of driving in Houston, but I had to grant her wish.
We spent the day at the facility as it was quite interesting. Allyn had a great time and this will be a super memory for her.


I just happened two attend two schools growing up, Alan B Shepard Middle School and Neil Armstrong Elementary. I took pictures of Allyn standing next two both Astronauts.

The middle Astronaut is Alan B Shepard in this picture.


The Astronaut on the left is Neil Armstrong.

This is a picture of air craft the shuttle attaches to at take off. It is huge.

They have an area in the back of the Space Center called the Northrop Grunman Theater. They have dedicated it to George Lucas films.
Here is C3P0 and Allyn

Here is Allyn with R2D2.

They have so many simulated space creations to view.